References and weblinks included in TreeCropper issue 82
In defence of Truffles
by Alexis Guerin-Laguette PhD, Mycorrhiza Scientist, & Wang Yun PhD, Honorary Associate
1. Guerin-Laguette et al. unpublished
2. Guerin-Laguette A, Hesom-Williams, Y. Wang 2008. Tuber brumale testing of 28 truffières in New Zealand. Confidential report for the New Zealand Truffle Association. New Zealand Institute for Crop and Food Research Limited (now Plant and Food Research), 17 pp.
Ho WH, Anderson S, Guerin-Laguette A, Hesom-Williams N, Wang Y, Braithwaite M, Hill CF, Alexander BJR 2008. Tuber brumale, a new truffle in New Zealand. ICPP 2008 9th International Congress of Plant Pathology, Abstracts of invited and offered papers, Journal of Plant Pathology, 90:S2.101
3. Guerin-Laguette A, Cummings N, Hesom-Williams N, Butler R, Wang Y 2013. Mycorrhiza analyses in New Zealand truffières reveal frequent but variable persistence of Tuber melanosporum in co-existence with other truffle species. Mycorrhiza 23:87-98
4. Giraud M 1988. Prélèvement et analyse de mycorhizes. [Sampling and analysis of mycorrhizae]. In Centre Technique Interprofessionnel des Fruits et Légumes CTIFL (ed) La Truffe 10:49-63 (in French)
5. Guerin-Laguette A, Cummings N, Butler RC, Willows A, Hesom-Williams N, Li S, Wang Y 2014. Lactarius deliciosus and Pinus radiata in New Zealand: towards the development of innovative gourmet mushroom orchards. Mycorrhiza 24:511-523
6. De Miguel AM, Águeda B, Sánchez S, Parladé J 2014. Ectomycorrhizal fungus diversity and community structure with natural and cultivated truffle hosts: applying lessons learned to future truffle culture. Mycorrhiza 24 (Suppl 1):S5–S18
7. Gehring CA, Theimer TC, Whitham TG and Keim P 1998. Ectomycorrhizal fungal community structure of Pinyon pines growing in two environmental extremes. Ecology 79:1562-1572
Bahram M, Põlme S, Kõljalg U, Tedersoo L 2011. A single European aspen (Populus tremula) tree individual may potentially harbour dozens of Cenococcum geophilum ITS genotypes and hundreds of species of ectomycorrhizal fungi. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 75:313–320
8. In La Truffe de Bourgogne [The Burgundy truffle] by Chevalier G. and Frochot H., Colour Plate 11, in French, Ed. Pétrarque, Levallois-Perret, France, 1997.
Page 22 – 27
Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (UK) Desk Study on winter chill in fruit
by Dr CJ Atkinson, East Malling Research; Dr RJ Sunley and Professor HG Jones, University of Dundee at SCRI; Dr R Brennan, Scottish Crop Research Institute; Dr P Darby, East Malling Research